Thursday, February 11, 2010

Does anyone really put on 3 coats of nailpolish when painting their nails? (base coat, color coat, top coat)?

I have only done it once because I read some beauty tips that you're supposed to do that, but it took forever to wait to let it dry in between coats and I just don't have time for that. What is the purpose of that ? I usually just paint them the color I want and put my hands out the window while I'm driving to work for them to dry.Does anyone really put on 3 coats of nailpolish when painting their nails? (base coat, color coat, top coat)?
I've read that doing three coats (base coat, polish, top coat) makes them more likely to chip off. If it's a light color, I just use polish. If it's a darker color, I apply base coat first, and then polish but not a top coat because wearing dark polishes by themselves can deposit yellowish color to your nails that's hard to get rid of.Does anyone really put on 3 coats of nailpolish when painting their nails? (base coat, color coat, top coat)?
Yes! The base coat is used to keep the color polish from staining your nail beds. And by applying a top coat, your polish will stay on longer and be less likely to chip.








FYI: If you don't apply a base coat and your nails beds stain pink or yellow, you can soak your digits in lemon juice for 15 minutes to remove the staining.
It is know that it's the best steps to take to keep your nails healthy %26amp; to have the colour long lasting. Remember, light coats to your base %26amp; top coats are best.





1. Base coat is to condition your nails as well as prevent


them from getting yellow from the colors.


2. Colour is for color.


3. Top coat is to help prevent chipping to your nail polish


%26amp; many also enhances shine.





I'm a pretty busy person %26amp; I don't have time to do my nails every other day. Doing these steps help them to last all through the week. I, along with many friends, use Sunday evenings as our girly time for manicures, pedicures %26amp; special hair conditionings.





Hope this helped to answer your question. ;o)
ha ha. i just do the color and the top coat.
Ive tried this and I think the main reason they say to do this is to keep the nail polish from chipping off so soon. Well it does help but Im like you, it takes WAAAYYY too long to dry and I usually end up hitting it on something and messing it up anyway. So what I do is just put one or two coats of color (depending on how dark or light) and then a top coat for more shine.
You should use a base, to prevent yellowing/drying of the nail, then apply 2 coats of color, waiting at least 5-10 minutes in between each coat, then apply top coat, to seal the color and prevent chipping and/or fading.
I usually do 2-4 coats of the same color. I don't put clear color clear or whatever it is. If you do light coats, it usually only takes about 10-20 minutes for each coat to dry. If you let the coats dry completely before you put the next one on, as a whole, your nails will dry quicker.
Yes I DO do that. The reason is simple. If you want your nails to be healthy but yet at the same time look nice, if you want your nail polish to last longer, THEN you do that. If you don't care, then, just keep doing what you're doing.





The base coat prevents your nail from turning yellow. Sometimes, when you use colors like red, or brown, when you clean off your nail polish, your nail becomes yellow. And when that happens, there's not much you can do about it. So, prevention is better than cure isn't it?





And your color coat, well, I suppose it speaks for itself.





As for the top coat, the reason being is that it simply prevents your nails from chipping, so you can keep your nail polish longer. I mean c'mon, chip nail polish isn't the nicest sight to see is it? And again, it doesn't help your nails either, cos chip nail polish might leave a mark on your bare nails, and again, prevention is better than cure right?





The reason people do all those ';troublesome'; things is because they could either care for the nails, read it off some beauty magazine and decide to follow it, or they just want to keep their nail polish on their nails longer.





I suppose it's harder for you cos when you are doing your nails, you're doing something else as well. BUT, the key thing that I learn is BE FREE. Do it in your spare time. Leave an hour just to do your nails. That way, you can have nails that are healthy AND last for more than a week.





Just to add to the ';troublesomeness';, if you want to keep your nail polish longer on your nails, paint a top coat every 2 nights! Haha, jk, you seem to be a busy woman. So, may be you could try setting time to do it? And if an hour is too long, try some tricks to have your nail polish dry faster, you could buy those nail polish that drys in a minute, or those that HELPS your nails dry faster, OR what I do is that once I paint my nails, air dry for 30 seconds, the I soak my nails in ICE cold water, for another 30 seconds. And then air dry for a minute. Your nails would dry instantly like that. Unless you put a lot more coats, then may be it would take a longer time. But that's what I usually do.





And like the saying goes, ';beauty comes with a price';!
When I'm bored I put color, color, color, color, then top top.





Ha say that five times fast!!!
i usually do one coat because I do not want to fiddle with it. However, when I want my polish to last throughout the week, or when it's very important for me to look polished (peeled nail polish does not do wonders for winning clients over, and my nails do not look so good w/o it), I put 3 coats, and try to prevent myself from messing it up while it dries.


It does last much longer when you have 3 coats on
Base coat prepares the nail for the color. The color can penetrate the nail that is why you use tha base coat. The top cost seals the color and makes it more resitant to chipping peeling etc.
YES
3 coats is proper bcuz 1st coat protects your nails from stains, 2nd is your desired color for get up and the 3rd 1 is top coat to shine and protect
i just do one coat
I put the 3 coats on. The base usually dries fast so you don't have to wait long, plus it prevents your nails from getting yellow. then the nail polish color, sometimes I even put on 2 coats of color and then the top coat to prevent it from chippin fast.
no not really only the perfectionists
no i dont coz it takes 2 long! that is to make them supposedly stronger

No comments:

Post a Comment