Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Do I need a base coat to paint my nails and toenails?

Is it neccisary? Or could I just put the color on then the clear top coat? What does the base coat do? Do you use a base coat?Do I need a base coat to paint my nails and toenails?
You don't have to use a base coat, no. But a good quality basecoat will help prevent your nails from being stained from the polish - especially the darker shades. Also, it serves as sort of a double sided tape and provides a 'sticky' surface for the polish to adhere to. And that will make the polish last longer. A good quality basecoat also tends to allow the polish to be applied smoothly, which is an added benefit in itself. So, while it is not necesary, I feel that it is very helpful to use a basecoat. And, of couse, always use a good quality topcoat. A clear nail polish is not the same thing as a topcoat. It may be close to being the same, but topcoat is better for this purpose.Do I need a base coat to paint my nails and toenails?
I always thought a base coat of clear was required. Shows what I know. Or don't.
Well what a base coat does is stops the nail color dying your nail, so I suppose you don't always need to use it depending on the type and color of nail polish you are using. I have repeatedly died, my nails pink and it look really bad.
No- you don't. Base coats will help the polish last longer and not chip off as quickly! Top coat is enough!
mabey u should juss go to the shop
I bet people will say you need it, but the truth is you don't! In my opinion anyway. It helps your colour stay on without chipping, and also prevents discolouration to your nails, but if you wear nail polish occasionally and not for long periods at a time you shouldn't find this a problem. Anyhow, you can get base coats quite cheaply if you want to try it yourself and see if it makes a big difference. I don't bother with it personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment