Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Base coat + Nail polish + Top coat = Disaster!!!? HELP!!!?

When I gave myself a manicure recently, I added a base coat and top coat so the polish would last longer.Well, it didn't last long, it just came peeling off a few days later.The trouble was, only about half of the polish on each nail peeled off, so my nails looked quite ugly with half of the nail covered with polish and the other half with no polish.So I tried taking all the polish off with my nail polish remover, but it didn't come off! I put my fingers under hot water and tried scraping it off with my other nails, and only then did a little bit of polish come off. After about 2 hours, I managed to finally take off all the polish. But scraping it off hurt a little, so I'd much rather take it off with polish remover. Why didn't it last longer, and didn't come off with polish remover? Well maybe it's because the remover/top%26amp;bast coat was a dollar each, lol. But if I buy and use a more expensive, a little more trusted remover, etc., and I give myself a manicure w/ base/top coat again,Base coat + Nail polish + Top coat = Disaster!!!? HELP!!!?
I had always do my own nails. Never a disaster. To acheive good finishing, i suggest you invest a little on the quality ones.


Good base / top coat does make different. You can use the base coat as top coat as well. If i did not do any chores at home, my nail polish can easily last for a week.Base coat + Nail polish + Top coat = Disaster!!!? HELP!!!?
Cheap nail polish is the root of the problem.





I have a suggestion for you, but it cost 20 bucks.





Go to the nail salon and have your fingernails done there. I never do mine at home. It's a pain in the behind.
yeah cheap polish sucks, but for some reason seems so enticing when your at the store. i like doing my own nails too, i don't like paying someone to do something i can do myself. i like opi and sally hansen polishes. i only use the polish and a top coat. i don't do the whole base coat deal. i just buff my nails really well.
Your problem? Not waiting enough time between coats, if you don't wait enough time between it will be even more of a disaster then if you only used one layer of the regular polish. You need to wait a few hours, or to the point where you could take a nail and press it into another nail and it wouldn't leave a mark. Good luck next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment