Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I get rid of yellow nails from dark polish and no base coat?

I got into a really bad habit of not putting on base coat when I painted my nails and now I can't get rid of this yellow look on my nails. I have tried soaking them in lemon juice but that doesn't work. I am looking for any suggestions.How do I get rid of yellow nails from dark polish and no base coat?
Wow your in for a treat! I just read this magazine article on 10 brilliant uses for toothpaste here I'll quote it for you





';Oops! You gave yourself a knockout manicure but you forgot to apply a base coat before painting your nails a dark color. And now that you've removed the polish, your nails have taken on a yellowish tin! To get them back to their normal shade, apply whitening toothpaste on an old toothbrush, and use tiny circular motions to scrub the surface of each fingernail. The detergents in the toothpaste lift off stain-causing particles, returning your nails to top form in no time.';





Hope this helps!How do I get rid of yellow nails from dark polish and no base coat?
Glad I could Help!

Report Abuse



there's some stuff at Wal-mart, it's called yellow-out


it's worked on me b/c i have the same prob.





hope it works!
I had the same problem and tried everything. I had to keep my nails painted at all times because they were so yellow. So, I got really tired of always painting my nails. So, I took off all the nail polish and had to let my ugly yellow nails be seen for several weeks until they grew out and the new nail grew out white, then I kept trimming until I had all white nails again. I have never painted my nails again, except with a clear or light pink. Then I take it off within a couple days to keep my nails white. It feels so free to have white, nice looking nails that I don't have to hide.
YOU CAN BUY A NAIL BUFFER FROM ANY BEAUTY SUPPLY STORE, THEY ARE VERY VERY FINE GRAIN SAND PAPER DESIGNED FOR NAILS. THE DISCOLORATION IS ONLY ON THE TOP LAYERS OF YOUR NAIL AND THIS IS A GOOD SOLUTION AS LONG AS YOU DON'T FILE THE HECK OUT OF THE NAIL AND MAKE IT THIN.
Get yourself a good buffer. It will remove the surface area that is stained without making your nail weak.
Try buffing them, and if you are not allergic to bleach you can soak your nails in clear water with a little bit of bleach! you can go to the pharmacy and ask the pharmacist to refer something you (over the counter) of course.good luck!
  • downloads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment