Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it just me or does Top Coat make your nails chip faster?

I have tried not using Top Coat after being sick of my nails chipping after 1 day.


I found that they chipped less?


Does anyone else agree?


I have used both cheap and expensive Top Coat and the same thing happens?Is it just me or does Top Coat make your nails chip faster?
I have found that happens on some clients. Do what works best for your nails. Don't worry about a top coat if the polish adheres better without it.





It could be that you are applying the polishes too thick.Is it just me or does Top Coat make your nails chip faster?
If top coat is making your nails chip faster, try applying the top coat first (like as a base coat)....or you can buy special bottom coat polishes. It makes a huge difference! There are also bottom-and-top coats available in one bottle, where you can use it as a bottom and top coat. The better brands can be a bit pricey...around 10 bucks...but it's totally worth it if you are constantly reapplying nail polish. I highly recommend Essie's ';to dry for'; clear polish.
They should not be chipping. Make sure you clean your nail bed from all oils before applying your base coat. Put on your 2 coats of polish and one coat of top coat. You should not have any chipping for about a week. A lot does depend on what kind of products you are using. I f you would like some recommendations you can email me.
Yeah, same for me. I think it's because the thicker the layer(s) of polish on your nail, the easier it is to get caught and chipped on stuff.
mine dont chip. maybe try putting a base coat on first.
I thought I was the only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment