Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Is clear base-coat nail polish as bad for your nails as coloured is?

So, I know that your nails can't breathe when you have on coloured polish, but what about a clear polish? For example, Sally Hansen's ';Hard as nails'; Clear coat. If I constantly wear this, will it destroy my nails like constantly wearing colour would?





Thanks!Is clear base-coat nail polish as bad for your nails as coloured is?
I know many will disagree with me but nails do not need to 'breathe.' And no, your nails will not be destroyed by constant use of nail polish either. I've been a nail tech for many years and I've never seen it happen before. On the other hand, strengtheners like Hard as Nails often contain formaldehyde which - over time and with prolonged usage will cause your nails to become dry and brittle. Avoid overuse of strengtheners.Is clear base-coat nail polish as bad for your nails as coloured is?
i use sally hansen's ';Hard as nails'; it really does work........clear polish is WAY better then color polish. If you paint your nails with color polish too much they will start turning yellow : ( so that is why i put a clear coat over my nails and THEN put color that helps and slows down the rate of becoming yellow (don't worry it takes years to turn yellow 1-3)
Yes it's as bad. Your nail is still not breathing because there's still a mantle over it. However, it won't stain your nails like color polish would.
  • downloads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment