Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Do you have to put on a base coat when using nail polish?

or can you just use 2 coats of polish and a top coat?Do you have to put on a base coat when using nail polish?
I've never noticed a benefit. I use acrylic nails, not sure if that matters. But I do my own polish because the salon ladies just don't do as good a job on the polish as they do on the acrylics. Actually I find my nails mess up more when I do use a base coat because my nails stay ';gummy'; longer and smudge easier. I use OPI polish if that mattersDo you have to put on a base coat when using nail polish?
You don't have to, but using a base coat will help your nail polish last longer and will keep it from chipping alot, and please don't use top coat as a base coat, it will make your nail polish chip faster. I've used top coat as base coat, and the next day, my nail polish actually chipped and started peeling off. But if you're using a darker nail polish or bright, use a base coat because they will stain your nails, and it won't look pretty.
You can but it won't last as long. The base coat is designed to make your nail polish last longer, and the top coat to seal the color in and give it some shine.





Try applying the top coat every second day after your manicure and it will give it some more life.
You can if you want too. It usually doesn`t make a difference. I would just stick with polish and top coat because it really isn`t necessary.





Hope this helped! Return the favor if you can? :) Thank you!: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
if its a black or a red defo need a base coat cos them kind of colours stain your nails usually best to do it with most colours
it doesn't matter but the base coat makes it look glossier and helps the polish stay on for longer
yes it makes it stay longer .
It really doesnt matter, but the base/top coats make the nail polish look shiny. ~Hoped i Helped!~

No comments:

Post a Comment