Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Why does nail top coat smudges my color coat?

So I usually don't put base coat cos I buff my nails really good to get a smooth surface. Then I apply the color coat on, and then I apply the top coat, but the top coat always smudges the color coat making it look uneven. Is it because I'm not waiting long enough for the color coat to dry? If so how long should I wait before I put on the top coat?Why does nail top coat smudges my color coat?
It's probably that the color coat is too thick. When I went for a pedicure, I couldn't believe how little nail polish they actually applied, and they only waited a couple of minutes between each coat, and yet my pedicure looked perfect for weeks, even travelling abroad and bashing my beautiful toes into luggage carts at the airport!Why does nail top coat smudges my color coat?
Yeah, you're not waiting long enough for it to dry. You should wait until you can touch the color coat and not have it smear or make a finger print or get on your finger. It varies on the amount of time with different nail polishes, thicker ones take longer. =]
ur not letting it dry. let it dry for about ten minutes and then put ur fingertips under a running faucet w/ cold water and then apply the top coat
then only use that one color but put two coats on it


that should work
no
Ok first you should always use a base coat. Buffing it very smooth actually makes it harder for the polish to adhere to the nail and the polish will not last as long. OPI makes a really great one. Buff your nail with a med grade buffer lightly then clean the nails well with alcohol or acetone on a lint free cotton pad. Then apply one coat of base coat. Then one thin coat of color and a final thin full coverage coat. Now you want to do something called float the bead with the top coat. This is where you load your brush with enough paint that the brush wont touch the color paint it just pushes the paint or spreads the paint over the nail. Out the door is really great top coat that is a good thickness and drys quickly. If you follow these steps you will ave a perfect mani every time. These are the steps I use with my clients and I have won many trade shows and even been featured in the European Voge magazine. Their is also a new product that is fab. I'm not sure if you can buy it if you do not have a license but ask a friend to get for you that has a license or go to the Industry Source to get it. Its a powder pigment that you grind up to create the color you want and then you add a liquid catalist to the powder to create a paint. You then paint this onto your nails and what great about it is you dont need to be neat. After it drys you buff it to a shine and whatever paint was not on the nail will come right off. No need for a top coat and it will not chip or peel at all. You can only remove it with a special solvent not acetone. Very cool it will be all the rage very soon and you heard it hear first!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment